A unique experience in a Jeep Willys
Normandy Discovery Tours welcomes you aboard an emblematic Jeep Willys. Follow our guide on the roads and paths in the heart of the Normandy countryside. We promise you a unique experience, to climb aboard the vehicle that marked the Normandy Landing to discover the small stories that make up the great history of the Normandy Landing. This all-terrain vehicle will allow us to get off the beaten track and discover historical sites unknown to the general public.
2h JEEP TOUR – 101E AIRBORNE TOUR “BAND OF BROTHERS” – CARENTAN
Starting from the D-Day Experience in Saint-Côme-du-Mont, this 2-hour jeep tour allows you to discover the history of these “brothers in arms”, and the importance of the Battle of Carentan in the advance of the front.
The Bellenau castle, Hell’s corner, the Barquette locks or the Purple Heart Lane are some of the sites you will discover in order to understand the strategic importance of the Battle of Carentan.
This visit is recommended if you already have some knowledge of the history of the Normandy landings and the airborne units.
- Departure on the République Square in Carentan, contact us to arrange a time
- 2 hours visit – From 1 to 3 people
- Discoveries : Dead Man’s Corner, Purple Heart Lane, La Barquette, La Charge du Lt Cole, République Square, and the medal ceremony.
- Rates: 150 euros per vehicle (135 euros for Cotentin Pass holders)
2h JEEP TOUR “D-DAY” – SAINTE MERE EGLISE
Starting from Sainte-Mère-Eglise, this 2-hour jeep tour allows you to understand the history of the American paratroopers, especially the 101st Airborne, who landed a few hours before D-Day. The tour takes you through the countryside and marshes, with a stop at Utah Beach, where 23,000 American soldiers landed on June 6, 1944.
The tour includes stops at several historical sites featured in the Band of Brothers series.
- Departing from Sainte-Mère-Eglise, contact us to set up a schedule.
- 2 hours of visit – from 1 to 3 persons
- Discoveries : Sainte-Mère-Eglise, Saint-Germain-de-Varreville et les pathfinders, les marais, Utah Beach, Monument Danois, Monument Winters, Brécourt, Sainte-Marie-du-Mont, L’hôpital de la Colombières.
- Tarif : 150 € par Jeep
MORE INFORMATIONS ABOUT THE 2 HOURS JEEP TOUR HERE
4h JEEP TOUR
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE WITH A 2H JEEP TOUR ?
The 4-hour jeep tour allows you to discover more historical sites, including the village of Sainte-Marie-du-Mont. It allows the guide to present you more and more anecdotes, and small stories forming the Great History.
Added to the 4 hours jeep tour (the program can be slightly modified):
– The battle of Brécourt Manor
-The crash of the glider of General Pratt
- Departing from Sainte-Mère-Eglise, contact us to set up a schedule
- 4 hours of visit – From 1 to 3 persons
- Discoveries : 101st and 82nd airborne sector, Utah Beach sector
- Rate : 300 € par Jeep
- Several jeeps available
MORE INFORMATIONS ABOUT THE 4 HOURS JEEP TOUR HERE
To know :
- Visitors are picked up only at Place de l’Eglise in Sainte-Mère-Eglise or at the DDay Experience Museum in Saint-Côme-du-Mont (Carentan).
- The two hours of discovery do not include any museum visits. We advise you to discover them later.
- The jeep can carry a total of 4 people, so the jeep tour/discovery will not exceed 3 people, in addition to the driver.